THE FINER DETAILS
Being in the southern hemisphere, the region experiences winter and summer at opposite times to Europe and North America. The reserve lies in a summer rainfall area, so summer corresponds with the wet season and winter with the dry season. The region has a sub-tropical climate. The wet summer months (October to April) are hot and humid. Dry winters (May to September) are pleasantly warm, but mid winter can be quite cold.
DRY SEASON – MAY TO SEPTEMBER – WINTER
There is very little rainfall in winter, but there might be the occasional shower because of the proximity to the coast. The heat is less oppressive than summer, and skies are usually cloudless.
MAY: The end of summer means that it rains less and the humidity drops. It is cooling down, and the average temperatures are 13°C/55°F in the morning and 24°C/75°F in the afternoon.
JUNE, JULY & AUGUST: Afternoons are pleasant with temperatures around 23°C/73°F, but this drops to 11°C/52°F at night. Cold mornings should be expected. It is advisable to bring warm clothing.
SEPTEMBER: This month brings the spring season. Temperatures rise gradually, and the average daytime temperature is 25°C/77°F. Mornings are less cold with temperatures around 14°C/57°F. It will start raining now with a few true thundershowers.
WET SEASON – OCTOBER TO APRIL – SUMMER
It is very hot and humid during the summer. It rains a lot, but mostly in the afternoon. Heavy thunderstorms can be expected.
OCTOBER & NOVEMBER: Rain in the afternoon is common and sometimes it might rain all day. Temperatures are between 16°C/61°F in the morning and 26°C/79°F in the afternoon.
DECEMBER, JANUARY & FEBRUARY: These months tend to be hot and humid. There is a storm most afternoons. The average temperature in the afternoon is 29°C/84°F, but peak temperatures are a lot higher. Early morning temperatures average 19°C/66°F.
MARCH & APRIL: It cools down, and temperatures are around 27°C/81°F in the afternoon. It rains less and the humidity decreases. Mornings aren’t very cold at 17°C/63°F.
RATES ARE QUOTED
• Inclusive of VAT @ 15%
• In South African Rands
• Subject to availability
• Are subject to availability and final
confirmation from Bayete Zulu Lodges
• All reservations are subject to the company Booking Terms & Conditions listed below.
• All bookings must be made by in writing
• Any booking must be confirmed in writing by Bayete Zulu Lodge reservations office to
• Any amendment and any cancellation/
modification of a reservation must be
confirmed in writing by Bayete Zulu Lodges
reservations office to be effective.
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Are listed on each individual accommodation
All tariffs quoted are subject to change,
without prior notice, however rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT POLICY:
Once a booking has been confirmed to us, we will require the following:
• A non-refundable deposit payment of 25% of the total amount, within 14 days.
• Full and final payment of 75% due (4) four
weeks prior to travel.
• Cancellations of confirmed reservations are subject to cancellation fees as per our Terms & Conditions listed herein.
• All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid credit card or EFT payment of deposit.
• By confirming your booking with a deposit payment you are also accepting our terms and conditions as well as our cancellation policy.
Cancellations on confirmed reservations are subject to cancellation fees as stipulated.
• Cancellation fees are levied when guests
cancel confirmed reservations. The costs of
the cancellation fees will escalate
the closer the guest/s cancels to their
confirmed departure date.
• Should a cancellation be made more than
8 weeks prior to departure, the non-
refundable deposit of 25% is forfeited.
• Should a cancellation be made between 4 & 8 weeks prior to departure – 50% cancellation fees apply.
• Should a guest cancel less than 4 weeks or
31 days prior to departure – 100% cancellation fees apply.
• Where a set number of guests make a
booking and then fewer guests arrive, they
need to pay for the original number of guests booked. Our cancellation policy will apply in such an instance.
• Children of all ages are welcome
• Children under 3 years – stay free of charge
• Children 3 – 12 years – pay 50% of adult rate
BAYETE PRIVATE – If the Lodge is not booked exclusively, families with children under 12 must book a private vehicle. All children are welcome on game drives, but it will be under the guides discretion regarding sensitivity of sightings and guest safety. Please contact reservations for the
cost of this.
ROOMS FOR FAMILIES – Maximum 2 adults and 1 child on a single bed or 1 cot. Parents with children older than 12 would need to split into 2 rooms.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Check In is at 14h00. Check Out is at 10h00.
Tap water is pumped from a borehole which is safe to drink. We also provide Reverse Osmosis water in a 25 litre container. However, you may wish to bring your own bottled water (preferably in glass).
WHAT TO BRING
• Sun hat, sunglasses and sunblock
• Cameras (with plenty memory cards and a
charger) and binoculars
• Light, neutral coloured comfortable clothing.
Layered clothing advisable for game drives
• Bathing suit
• Pool towels
• Warm jersey or fleece
• Wind breaker
• Warm jacket and scarf, gloves and beenie for the cold winter months (May – Sep)
• Light rain gear for summer months
• Insect repellent
SELF CATERING GUESTS: Remember to pack snacks and drinks for game drives!
Laundry available at an additional cost.
GAME DRIVE ETIQUETTE
– No standing on the game vehicle
– Mobile phones only to be used for photos
– No smoking during the drive
GAME DRIVES & RAIN
We do have a wet route to travel on during wet weather, but during and after a heavy downfall the roads will be closed to all game drives to protect the reserve.
GAME DRIVES AT HOMESTEAD
Please note that we can accommodate a maximum of 10 per game vehicle. Should your party be larger than 16 adults and 4
children (2 vehicles) and you wish to book a 3rd vehicle (at an additional cost), this would need to be booked in advance and would be subject to availability.
Closest Airport : King Shaka International
Airport (Durban) – ±2.5 to 3 hours (276km) Flights into King Shaka : Emirates, Qatar, BA, SAA, Airlink.
Bayete Zulu is a 2.5- to 3-hour drive from King Shaka International Airport– Durban.
DIRECTIONS TO LODGE
BANK : First National Bank
ACCOUNT NAME : Saddle Path Props 5 (Pty) Ltd
ACCOUNT TYPE : Current/Cheque
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 62108469851
BRANCH CODE : 257355
SWIFT CODE : FIRNZAJJ
REFERENCE : Your quote ref.
RESERVATIONS : Chantelle Lee
GENERAL MANAGER : Craig Lee
BAYETE ZULU PRIVATE : Carin van der Merwe
LITTLE BAYETE ZULU : Shona Lawson
BAYETE ZULU HOMESTEAD : Shona Lawson